OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MAYOR
- Exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, services and activities of the LGU.
- Enforce all laws and ordinances relative to the governance of the LGU and the exercise of the appropriate corporate powers.
- Ensure the delivery of basic services and the provision of adequate facilities
Visit Office of the Municipal Mayor here.
OFFICES UNDER THE OFFICE OF THE MAYOR
- Human Resource Management Unit
- Negosyo Center
- Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office
- Public Employment Services Office
- Solid Waste Management Office
- Market Operation Office
- Fishport Operation Office
OFFICE OF THE VICE MAYOR
- Enact ordinances, approve resolutions and appropriate funds for the welfare of the LGU and its inhabitants.
- Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective local government.
- Review of ordinance authorizing annual or supplemental appropriations of barangays.
Visit Office of the Vice Mayor here.
SANGGUNIANG BAYAN OFFICE
- The sangguniang bayan, as the legislative body of the municipality, shall enact ordinances, approve resolutions and appropriate funds for the general welfare of the municipality and its inhabitants pursuant to Section 16 of the Local Government Code of the Philippines and in the proper exercise of the corporate powers of the municipality as provided for under Section 22 of this Code,
MUNICIPAL PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the Local Development Council.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different programs, activities and projects of the LGU in accordance with the approved development plan.
MUNICIPAL TREASURER'S OFFICE
- The Treasurer’s Office is mandated to take custody and exercise proper management and disbursement of all funds of the LGU including those other funds entrusted by the law or other competent authority, act as adviser to the LCE and the Sangguniang Bayan in all matters regarding disposition of localgovernment funds and on such other matters pertaining to public finance and as collecting agent of the LGU of all local taxes in accordance with existing tax ordinance.
MUNICIPAL ACCOUNTING OFFICE
- This office takes charge both accounting, bookkeeping and internal audit services of Local Government Unit.
MUNICIPAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OFFICE
- Responsible for the civil registration in the Local Government concerned pursuant to civil registry laws, civil code, family code and other pertinent rules and regulations.
- Develop plans and strategies particularly those which have something to do with civil registry programs, projects activities.
MUNICIPAL ASSESSOR'S OFFICE
- The Local Assessor’s Office shall take charge of the discovery, classification, appraisal and assessment of all real properties including machineries and equipment within its territorial jurisdiction and adherence to the Philippine Valuation Standards in the valuation of real properties for taxation purposes. The duties include the preparation, installation and maintenance of a system of taxmapping, records management and the preparation of the Schedule of Market Value of the different classes of real property within its territorial jurisdiction as approved by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan to be implemented every three (3) years as mandated by RA 7160. Local Assessor’s and Appraisers are responsible for ensuring that the property appraisal particularly for taxation purposes is accurate for equitable distribution of tax burden among property owners.
MUNICIPAL BUDGET OFFICE
- Formulate the Municipal Budget to support the social, economic and general plans and objectives and ensures the efficient and sound utilization of municipal government funds and revenues.
Visit Municipal Budget Office here.
MUNICIPAL SOCIAL WELFARE AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
- Identify the basic needs of the needy, the disadvantaged and the impoverished, develop and implement appropriate measures to alleviate their problems and improve their living conditions. Provide relief and appropriate crisis intervention for victims of abuse and exploitation and recommend appropriate measures to deter further abuse and exploitation.
- Facilitate the implementation of welfare programs for the differently abled, elderly, women, children and youth, and the rehabilitation of Person Who Used Drugs (PWUDs)and such other activities which will eliminate or minimize the ill-effects of poverty.
Visit Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office here.
MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING OFFICE
- Provide engineering services and advise the Municipal Mayor on infrastructure, public works and other engineering matters. Initiate review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, t echniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of LGU concerned. Administer,coordinate, supervise and control the construction, maintenance, improvement, and repair of roads and drainages and other engineering public works project of LGU Mercedes. Exercise other powers and perform such duties and functions as maybe prescribe by law or ordinance.
MUNICIPAL AGRICULTURE OFFICE
- Formulates measure to ensure delivery of basic agricultural sevices and provisions of adequate facilities through government and private sources relative to agricultural and fishery development, ensure maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural and fishery products.
MUNICIPAL HEALTH OFFICE
- The Municipal Health Office is resposible for the general health of the community in all of the 4 aspects namely: Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative aspect. It is also charge with the function of community organizing and development for health to attain the people empowerment sustainable health projects. Its main thrust and strategies are multisectoral approach, networking, risk assessment and health education.
- The Municipal Health Officer shall take charge of the office on Health Services and supervises the personnel and staff. He shall formulate program implementation guidelines of rules and regulation for the operation of the office and to provide technical assistance to the Municipal Mayor in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of health services geared towards attaining a quality and healthy municipality. Formulate measures for legislative consideration of the Sangguniang Bayan.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies particularly those which have to do with health programs and projects which the Mayor is empowered to provide under the Local Government Code of the Philippines.
Visit Municipal Health Office here.